Executive Assistant / Administration Officer (Part Time)
- Leading not-for-profit organisation
- Part time opportunity, 2 days per week
- Generous salary packaging options available
The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant / Administration Officer role is to provide the highest level of administrative support to senior staff and Deputy Director (People). This includes assistance in meeting day-to-day objectives through efficient diary management, travel planning, dissemination of information, record keeping and general administrative duties.
The incumbent will also provide general administrative support for the broader institute along with other members of the Administration Services team.
The Executive Assistant / Administration Officer is required to develop and maintain effective working relationships across the Institute as well as with external stakeholders.
Refer to the attached position description for full details.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience as an Executive Assistant or senior administration officer role
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment with competing priorities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and incorporate change within the working environment
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Good interpersonal skills
Experience in researching for new grant submissions and writing grant submissions, familiarity with key database software and familiarity with Content Management Systems for website maintenance would all be advantageous.
Benefit from ongoing support and attractive salary packaging working for this leading not-for-profit organisation. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Burnet Institute is committed to providing our people with a supportive working environment. We value diversity and gender equity at the institute and provide flexible working arrangements for our staff. Burnet is participating in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia.
To apply for this position, please complete the details below and attach the following documents:
- Statement addressing the selection criteria (as outlined above and in the attached position description)
- Resume including the names and contact details of three referees
Applications close 22nd January 2019 at 11:59pm AEST (GMT+11)
As part of our commitment to gender equity, we have included a question in the application process on gender. This will allow us to monitor and report on gender in relation to our recruitment process. This field is not compulsory.
Burnet is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant may be required to apply for a Working with Children check and/or criminal record check from the Australian Federal Police.